[linux-audio-dev] Looking for fast integer resampling code

Olivier Guilyardi ml at xung.org
Sat Jun 11 11:20:16 UTC 2005

Hi Dave,

Dave Chapman wrote:
> So we're looking for pointers to any high quality (but fast!) resampling
> code that could be used.

libsamplerate is pretty famous and reliable, but operates on float values :
http://www.mega-nerd.com/SRC

However, in Jackbeat (http://www.xung.org/jackbeat) I coded a resampler that
performs about 5 times faster than libsamplerate fastest converter (SRC_LINEAR),
according to my own tests. It's _very_ simple (strictly linear), and certainly
not the best quality but it's very cpu-friendly.

You'll find it in jackbeat 0.5.1, in the file src/sequence.c from line 274 to
line 283. That's 10 lines which I consider to be readable, due to variable naming.

It operates on float values, but you can use integer values in your
implementation, it doesn't matter.

Regards

--
   og