[linux-audio-dev] Re: Looking for fast integer resampling code

Erik de Castro Lopo erikd-lad at mega-nerd.com
Mon Jun 13 10:28:24 UTC 2005

Olivier Guilyardi wrote:

> I believe libsamplerate, as a general purpose sample rate conversion library,
> should be able to run very fast if needed. After including your library into
> Jackbeat (http://www.xung.org/jackbeat) I was pretty sad to see 40% of my 700Mhz
> Duron load dedicated to processing only six tracks with libsamplerate's
> SRC_LINEAR converter.

Because the quality of linear converters is so poor, I have not
even attempted to optimise or even profile it.

I notice that it runs about 5 times faster than SRC_SINC_FASTEST
and on reflection, it should probably be 20 times faster. However,
I really didn't even expect anyone to use SRC_LINEAR. It was added
for completeness, to show how bad linear converters are.

Erik
  Erik de Castro Lopo  nospam at mega-nerd.com (Yes it's valid)
"C++ is history repeated as tragedy. Java is history repeated as farce."
-- Scott McKay