[linux-audio-dev] Re: What Parts of Linux Audio Simply Work Great?

Jay Vaughan jayv at synth.net
Tue Jun 14 19:25:07 UTC 2005

>Agreed, but as I tried to indicate, there's a boatload of helpful
>information out there. jwz writes *as if it doesn't exist*.

he writes simply this: he shouldn't have to freakin' care.

maybe this is linus' fault for not putting in all the kernel patches
needed to make ALSA "just work", eh?

>I've written one book and about fifty articles and columns about
>Linux audio-related topics. I've maintained the site at
>linux-sound.org for nearly ten years, so I'll say it again: If
>someone complains that there's insufficient resources on this topic,
>then I say they're just not looking very hard.

i remember discussing the founding of linux-sound.org with you at
NAMM, almost ten years ago, Dave.

>Wikis, blogs, mail
>lists, chat sites, soft & hard copy print material, instructional
>videos, it's all available to anyone who will take the time to look.

its sound, why shouldn't it just work, the same way that the mouse
just works?  don't answer that with technical reasons, answer it with
emotional ones, please, just for a change ...

>Oh btw: I happened to re-read jwz's whinefest re: Linux video apps,
>right after I finished watching my Criminal Intent DVDs with xine.
>The irony was delicious.

i do hope you're taking the dates of a: his rant, and b: your current
xine build timestamp, into account..

--

;

Jay Vaughan