What Parts of Linux Audio Simply Work Great? (was Re: [linux-audio-dev] Best-performing Linux-friendly MIDI interfaces?)

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Wed Jun 15 00:57:25 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-06-14 at 21:09 +0200, Jay Vaughan wrote:
> >That's it?  Why do people listen to this guy again, he seems to be just
> >another idiot luser who blames ALSA for every XMMS bug.
>
> ever heard of netscape?  jwz is one of the glory-children of that
> project, a very active F/OSS advocate over the years.
>
> this story is important because it is about advocacy, good and bad.

Oh, that jwz.

I guess he's not an idiot, but I still think his rant was idiotic.  If
he had posted on alsa-devel with some constructive criticism then it
actually would have accomplished something.  There are many examples of
this in the past.  Ranting on his blog just makes him look like an ass.

Lee