[linux-audio-dev] Two / Three HDSPM Cards?

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Fri Jun 17 21:25:30 UTC 2005

> Lee Revell wrote:
>> FWIW, you could test this with an Audigy if you felt like it (can
>> capture 64 channels).  It requires a slight change to the driver; I'll
>> try it if I get a chance.
>>
>> Lee
>>

> Lee, which Audigy do you mean?  Looking at the Soundblaster Audigy family
> I only see 6 channel recording (possibly 8 if you can simultaneously
> record analog and digital).

The current driver only supports up to 16 channel capture, and not all of
the captured channels correspond to physical inputs.  On some models 10
channels could be captured.  If the driver were modified to support 32 or 64
channel capture, the additional channels would capture the physical outputs,
and you could route PCM channels to the rest.

I didn't implement support for capturing more than 16 channels yet because
the mixer would become more confusing, and capturing physical outs is not as
useful as capturing the inputs, you could do it easily with JACK anyway.

Lee