[linux-audio-dev] Re: What Parts of Linux Audio Simply Work Great?

Christoph Eckert mchristoph.eckert at t-online.de
Sat Jun 18 23:06:24 UTC 2005

> Well I think that there is absolutly no border between
> "Professional" Audio and "Non-Professional" Audio.

Disagreed ;-) . But there's no border in tech terms.
I often see that amateurs use better equipment than
professionals. Therefore: Agreed at 100%.

I remember my keyboard teacher who earns his money with making
music. He uses very old equipment even with broken keys while
I as a hobbyist buy current hardware a lot.

> Just think about it, today you're using mainly xmms to play
> some ogg-files, but suddenly you become a little creative,
> und you want to do some drumming with hydrogen. I see no
> reason why somebody would screw up his whole configuration
> just because he suddenly switched from beeing a "consumer"
> to beeing a "professional".

Don't forget that you want to listen your ogg files through
your studio monitor instead of your laptop speakers.

> So propably jack is the only way out for the desktop :)

*sigh* again :)

Best regards

    ce