[linux-audio-dev] Re: What Parts of Linux Audio Simply Work Great?

Christoph Eckert mchristoph.eckert at t-online.de
Sat Jun 18 23:23:10 UTC 2005

> I'm basically doing the same thing. On my 'studio' system,
> all 'entertainment' stuff goes to the onboard chip and that
> drives the speakers built into the monitor. Meanwhile jackd
> runs on the Terratec hooked up to an external mixer. The
> onboard output also goes to that mixer but is rarely used
> there.
> Whenever I'm in 'pro mode', I make sure everything I need
> is in a format that Ardour will accept, even if it's just
> for listening to, put it in a session, and forget about the
> first card and all apps using it. Same on the laptop:
> internal chip for 'entertainment' and an external USB via
> jackd for anything serious.

Similar here. But since I have tried Ardour I'd like to
replace my external mixer with a mutliport soundcard and
ardour. The ability to include LADSPAs in a mixer strip in
ardour is *much* better than my digitech multi effects
processor.

The only problem is that I have USB 1.1 and firewire isn't
supported well, but withour these limitations I'd like to see
a USB 2 or firewire card with 10 Stereo ins and 1 stereo
out :) .

Thanks Paul for Ardour!

Best regards

    ce