[linux-audio-dev] Pro?

Jens M Andreasen jens.andreasen at chello.se
Mon Jun 20 22:17:17 UTC 2005

Hi!

There has been some discussion lately involving keywords such as
"amateuer" and "professional".

An "amateur" works for the love of it (as in 'amore'.)
A "professional" works to earn his/her daily bread (as in
'proffezione'.)

Those two concepts are not mutuallally exclusive per se. It is not
unsual though, for "pros" to get fed up with their chosen line and still
do their thing for the love of money, or lack of alternatives.

Whatever ..

We also have touched the words 'consumer' as well as 'producer'.

Playing an mp3 (or ogg?) is a typical consumer behaviour. Creating an
mp3 (or ogg) from scratch as in you, recording your grandma singing
"Happy Billday", is a production.

So?!

When we say 'pro', it would make much more sense if we could agree on
that this means "produzione" rather than "profezionale".

Mvh // Jens M Andreasen

(My appologies to Benno for the mindless ad hoc Italian/Latin lingo.)