[linux-audio-dev] What parts of Linux audio simply suck ?

Jack O'Quin joq at io.com
Tue Jun 21 03:06:51 UTC 2005

Christoph Eckert <mchristoph.eckert at t-online.de> writes:

> About reconnecting I wonder if the applications could do it
> themselves and transparently as soon as JACK reappears. I did
> notice that it takes a lot of time to reconnect after I had
> to restart JACK.

They can and they should.  AFAICT, most currently do not.  I am sorry
to admit that JAMin still does not.  Some day I'll fix that.

Of course, there is a race condition when everyone reconnects at once.
Some ports may not be available yet, depending on the order other
clients register them.  Having a session manager handle the reconnects
might make some of those issues easier, I'm not sure.
--
  joq