[linux-audio-dev] [WIP] hdsposc

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Wed Jun 22 07:41:34 UTC 2005

fons adriaensen <fons.adriaensen at skynet.be> writes:

> On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 11:19:52AM +0200, Mario Lang wrote:
>
>> No UI I am afraid.  I will control the hdsposc thing from within
>> SuperCollider with OSC messages directly.
>
> Then I wonder why you need this at all. You can connect raw ins/outs
> to SC, and do everything the mixer can do there ??

No, I can't.  The RME mixer is Zero-Latency, i.e, it routes
certain ports to others, without going through the OS.  Granted, that can
be done with amixer as well, but I just found that out after
I started to hack hdsposc...

The peak metering I could hack in SC, yes, but why should I if my hardware
already does it? :-)

Perhaps I should put it in other words: My UI is going to be
a class in SC.

HDSP.peak(\analog, (1..8), {|peaks|peaks.dbamp.postln});

Or some such...

--
CYa,
  Mario