[linux-audio-dev] FM, Phase Modulation and The Wiki (and ancient astrnomy)

Jens M Andreasen jens.andreasen at chello.se
Tue Jun 28 13:58:44 UTC 2005

There is more .. :)

So Yamaha got a patent on phase/frequency modulation back in 1975 (or
-77), but (as far as I can see) there was prior art dating back to the
time when the sun was still circulating around the earth, forcing
astronomers to utilize wicket algorithms, not unlike the FM/PM patent,
in order to explain the strange behaviour of the near planets. Of
course, those ancient astronomers did not feed their findings through a
DAC to listen to what it sounded like. This is of course easily
explained by that not even basic electricity was well understood at that
time.

(I think that should be kept out of the Wiki, no?)