[linux-audio-dev] help with multiple control ports

Artemio artemio at kdemail.net
Wed Jun 29 10:57:58 UTC 2005

Hello all!

I have a problem with creating a plugin with more than one control
port. In the attachment you'll find "booster-simple.c" which has one
"Gain" port and my attempt to add a second port in "booster.c". For
some reason the latter cannot be used - the sources seem to be
correct, it compiles fine, but then if I test with "applyplugin" it
segfaults and other hosts complain about a malloc() error and hang.

Debugging shows that ports are not properly connected:

[connectPortToBooster] setting BOOSTER_INPUT1
[connectPortToBooster] setting BOOSTER_OUTPUT1
[runMonoBooster]
applyplugin: booster.c:112: runMonoBooster: Assertion
`psBooster->m_pfGainValue != 0' failed.

...but I cannot investigate further as my C is very basic.

I would really appreciate any help. I based my plugin on the amp.c
from the SDK, and I see that in example plugins like simple delay
(where there is more than one control port) memory allocation is done
differently, but I just don't know how to properly apply these
techniques to my plugin...

Thanks very much!

Artemiy.

P.S. I've sent a message with a 50Kb attachment and it's in moderation
queue, but these sources are newer.