[linux-audio-dev] Re: Welcome to the "linux-audio-dev" mailing list

krsrtn k.gebbert at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 20:28:33 UTC 2005

hi list,

I have problems installing the emi26 on my box running fc3 & ccrma. I
rebuilt a kernel with the necessary module and reinstalled alsa
afterwards. it looks fine actually, even when I start alsa it loads
the module for the emi26. unfortunately it does not work yet. what did
I miss out??

my settings in modprobe.conf look like this::

alias snd-card-0 emi26
alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0
options snd-card-0 index=0

alias snd-card-1 snd-usb-audio
options snd-card-1 index=1

alias snd-card-2 snd-intel8x0
alias sound-slot-2 snd-intel8x0
options snd-card-2 index=2

alias snd-card-3 snd-virmidi
options snd-card-3 index=3

I also did 'depmod -a' afterwards and restarted alsa. the messages
seemed to have emi26 loaded, also when I do this::

[karlos at posthuman ~]$ lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
snd_virmidi             8384  0
snd_seq_virmidi        12288  1 snd_virmidi
snd_seq_midi_event     12032  1 snd_seq_virmidi
snd_seq                59536  2 snd_seq_virmidi,snd_seq_midi_event
snd_intel8x0           36800  1
snd_ac97_codec         76792  1 snd_intel8x0
snd_usb_audio          70336  0
snd_pcm_oss            57632  0
snd_mixer_oss          23552  2 snd_pcm_oss
snd_pcm                99204  4
snd_intel8x0,snd_ac97_codec,snd_usb_audio,snd_pcm_oss
snd_timer              30340  2 snd_seq,snd_pcm
snd_usb_lib            17408  1 snd_usb_audio
snd_rawmidi            29472  2 snd_seq_virmidi,snd_usb_lib
snd_seq_device         13196  2 snd_seq,snd_rawmidi
snd                    62052  13
snd_virmidi,snd_seq_virmidi,snd_seq,snd_intel8x0,snd_ac97_codec,snd_usb_audio,snd_pcm_oss,snd_mixer_oss,snd_pcm,snd_timer,snd_usb_lib,snd_rawmidi,snd_seq_device
soundcore              14304  2 snd
emi26                 168704  0

but it is not claimed by any device. I have it connected and the blue
LED it lit, so I wonder what the heck I do wrong. should I see more
lights, green ones? I have not used the emi26 with something else so I
don't know.

any ideas?

thanks,

Karsten