[linux-audio-dev] Lock-free gtk/jack interaction

Jens M Andreasen jens.andreasen at chello.se
Mon Mar 14 15:20:56 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-03-14 at 13:43 +0100, Olivier Guilyardi wrote:

> I'm now starting to think that this shadow should be part of the gui data. So
> that the gui update itself directly, signalling the sequence to change but never
> querying the sequence to know what actually happens underground. The gui would
> be more self-contained.

Isn't the GUI already a kind of "shadow data"?

    gtk_toggle_button_get_active ()
      Returns TRUE if the toggle button is pressed in
      and FALSE if it is raised.

> Or the gui could get notified by the sequence as Paul explains.

I also think you can relax your speed expectations slightly. With jack
running say 64 samples each time around, it will have done its thing 10
times before the next monitor refresh.

--

   (
    )