[linux-audio-dev] Re: Any interest in DVD-Audio?

Jussi Laako jussi.laako at pp.inet.fi
Mon Mar 14 19:33:10 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-03-13 at 21:54 +0100, Fons Adriaensen wrote:

> Only because the flip side *is* a CD, and without that SACD
> wouldn't sell at all. You could do the same with any new format.

Well, not the flip side. It's dual layer.
And that is good feature for new formats to be somewhat compatible with
older equipment. That is yet-to-be-seen on DVD-A (well, I have actually
heard something about some dual layer DVD-A).

I'm rather happy with my CD/SACD/DVD-A player anyway. No matter what
kind of discs I feed.

--
Jussi Laako <jussi.laako at pp.inet.fi>