[linux-audio-dev] Re: Any interest in DVD-Audio?

Jussi Laako jussi.laako at pp.inet.fi
Tue Mar 15 22:49:55 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-15 at 19:54 +0100, Fons Adriaensen wrote:

> That would completely obliterate the efficiency of the PWM mode amplifier.

Compared to what? Typical analog class-A or high biased class-AB?

I think that could be used in combination with suitable FPGA software to
control the bitstream. With that, the efficiency may even increase.

> And the control range could be rather small...

That's true..

I'm currently designing an audio player (hardware & software). I think I
will add support for playback of ogg/vorbis, flac and maybe some pwm/pdm
audio from DVD data discs (current drives can read data at rather high
rates).

--
Jussi Laako <jussi.laako at pp.inet.fi>