[linux-audio-dev] OSC-Question

martin rumori lists at rumori.de
Wed Mar 16 18:51:28 UTC 2005

On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 03:51:35PM +0000, Georg Holzmann wrote:
> I'm just planning a similar project, where the user can build a GUI and
> can send OSC-messages with it to PD, supercollider, max, ...

> Just another question on the OSC implementation:
> I planned to implement the application in Qt/C++ and wanted to ask, if
> there could be troubles with liblo on a PDA (because I know that
> libOSC++ was used on a PDA in http://www.grenzenlosefreiheit.de ) ?

in libOSC++, you can switch off the pthread dependancy with a
configure-option.  we (grenzenlosefreiheit.de) used it with polling
for osc-messages from the qt mainloop (for sure not ideal).

same remarks regarding libOSC++ as stated earlier when replying to
arnold.

we did some projects in which we used the zaurus as a control and
"remote mixer" for playbacks and performances.  i did some helper
classes which i used in conjunction with qt signals and libOSC++,
originally with the same idea of extending the whole thing to a
flexible, user customizable gui...  which never happened.  just a few
classes written very quickly in "hot project situation".  if you are
interested, i can send them off-list to you.

bests,

martin