[linux-audio-dev] OSC-Question

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Sat Mar 19 23:24:10 UTC 2005

>No, imho one of the main advantages is Qt's Signal/Slot mechanism and my=20
>current implementation has come so far that I can send and receive OSC=20
>messages with one argument (of type QVariant) via signals and slots.

i don't want to get into a toolkit war, but gtkmm has been using
SigC++ since its inception, and although it was loosely inspired by
the Qt signal/slot system, it is widely acknowledged as superior to it
in almost every way. it even inspired the boost classes for
signals+slots, except that they forked it (so to speak) too early -
sigc++2 is just 100% pure C++ software engineering joy. sigc++ is
entirely independent of any graphical toolkit - you can use it
non-graphical applications as well.

>projects without subclassing just by creating the objects and some=20
>"connect( bla, blub)" lines.

and using moc ... sigc++ doesn't require any preprocessor.

--p