[linux-audio-dev] Re: OSC-Question

Jan Depner eviltwin69 at cableone.net
Tue Mar 29 17:14:14 UTC 2005

Uh, I wasn't the one who said that about signals/slots.  I do like them
but what I said was that you need to look at what you are trying to
accomplish before you decide on what toolkit to use.  For anything that
is going to be near real-time I would keep the code as streamlined as
possible.  For user interfaces that aren't hooked up to a near real-time
application I use Qt because it's much more well-defined, documented,
and mature than the other options.  I think that Paul has taken the
correct path for what he is doing.  I think Qt would be too much
overhead for Ardour.

Jan