[linux-audio-dev] Common synthesizer interface -or- microtonal alternative to MIDI?

Alfons Adriaensen fons.adriaensen at alcatel.be
Tue May 3 13:28:22 UTC 2005

On Tue, May 03, 2005 at 08:57:56AM -0400, Paul Davis wrote:

> >To add my 0.02 Euro : I'm sure that OSC is the way to go for this project.
> >And I'd love to have an 'OSC sequencer' -- something that allows you to
> >schedule / edit / manipulate arbitrary OSC events, and with a non-destructive
> >region editor similar to Ardour's.
>
> Ardour v2.3 ...

:-)

The first step towards this could well be taken one of these days. As
you  know I've beem experimenting with a second DLL, based on system
time in JACK. I'm currently trying to decide what should be the exact
time scale and format of this timer, and it could very well end up being
exactly the same as OSC time (modulo a fixed offset maybe).

--
FA