[linux-audio-dev] Re: ZynAddSubFX 2.2.1 released

Jens M Andreasen jens.andreasen at chello.se
Tue May 3 16:50:04 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-03 at 18:42 +0300, Juhana Sadeharju wrote:
> >From: Jens M Andreasen <jens.andreasen at chello.se>
> >
> >Suggestion for running headless:
> >
> >  if(getenv("DISPLAY"))
> >    isGraphic = TRUE;
> >  else
> >    isGraphic = FALSE;
>
> I hope there is a command line option for turning the
> GUI off. Otherwise I would always get the GUI.

You could do

  $ unset DISPLAY && path/to/command

.. to get rid of the reference to the X-Display before running a command
from an X-term. Alternatively you could run the command from a console.

A headless machine in a gigbag would start in runlevel 2 or 3 with no X,
so the DISPLAY variable is never set and the app won't try to show any
UI.

--

   (
    )