[linux-audio-dev] deblocking snd_seq_event_input()

Fons Adriaensen fons.adriaensen at skynet.be
Sun May 8 09:37:57 UTC 2005

On Sun, May 08, 2005 at 08:22:24AM +0200, Jens M Andreasen wrote:

> If so, then pthread_cancel() should work just fine together with the
> workaround described under BUGS in man pthread_cancel.

Using pthread_cancel() is exactly what I want to avoid at all cost.
In my world, threads are both the thing managaed by the system +
threads library, and a C++ object. If the thread is cancelled that
can make it virtually impossible to cleanup the object in an orderly
fashion. It may for example have to wait for a message confirming that
others that depend on its existence know it's going to disappear, and
are prepared for that. Also, the pthread itself is just a private
implementation detail of the object and can not be accessed from
the outside without breaking the abstraction.

--
FA