[linux-audio-dev] deblocking snd_seq_event_input()

Fons Adriaensen fons.adriaensen at skynet.be
Sun May 8 10:50:05 UTC 2005

On Sun, May 08, 2005 at 12:00:26PM +0200, Jens M Andreasen wrote:

> Can't you use:
>
>   void pthread_cleanup_push(void (*routine) (void *), void *arg);
>   void pthread_cleanup_pop(int execute);

Does the thread still exist as a thread when routine() is called, or more
specific, is routine() called from the thread's own context ? This is not clear
from the man page - routine() could be called from a different thread than
the one that is being cancelled.

But this is besides the point. In my original problem it is not the intention
to terminate the thread - just to force the snd_seq_event_input() to return.
The thread could well close the handle, open a new one and continue normal
operation. The simplest solution is probably to send some fake event to the
midi port.

--
FA