[linux-audio-dev] Waveform

Albert Graef Dr.Graef at t-online.de
Mon May 9 22:23:50 UTC 2005

Chris Cannam wrote:
> On Monday 09 May 2005 22:22, Paul Davis wrote:
>>this is massively harder than you think, assuming you want to (a) do
>>it correctly and (b) offer zooming.
>
> Fortunately, if you don't care about doing it correctly or offering
> zooming, it's quite simple.

ROFL. :)

Well, I guess the way it's done in most audio editors is that you draw a
vertical line between the min and max (and maybe also the rms on top of
that), if a single pixel has to represent multiple samples, and the
usual connect-the-points-with-lines thingy (or splines, if you prefer
smooth curves), when zoomed in to the sample or sub-sample level. Is
there a better way?

Albert

--
Dr. Albert Gr"af
Dept. of Music-Informatics, University of Mainz, Germany
Email:  Dr.Graef at t-online.de, ag at muwiinfa.geschichte.uni-mainz.de
WWW:    http://www.musikwissenschaft.uni-mainz.de/~ag