[linux-audio-dev] Aeolus and OSC - comments requested

Dave Robillard drobilla at connect.carleton.ca
Thu May 12 16:48:08 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-12-05 at 17:54 +0200, stefan kersten wrote:
> On Thu, May 12, 2005 at 05:22:43PM +0200, Alfons Adriaensen wrote:
> > One thing I forgot to mention regarding /addclient : the response
> > to this will include a client ID (integer) that is a required
> > parameter to all polled requests for information, such as e.g.
> > the list of stops. This ID identifies the client on the common
> > server socket (I see no other way to do this with a single socket).
>
> i might be missing something, but why don't you use the
> client network address as a unique identifier? you can use
> recvfrom(2) to extract the return address from a udp packet.

I allow either method in Om.  Using the client address does work
usually, but there seems to be a bug in liblo (or below) where the
source network address is garbled, that I havn't been able to figure out
yet... allowing the user to explicitly set the address allows working
around this and other networking oddities.

-DR-