[linux-audio-dev] Re: some new soundfiles on-line

jmstone at dsl.pipex.com jmstone at dsl.pipex.com
Fri May 13 13:34:26 UTC 2005

In gmane.linux.audio.users Dave Phillips <dlphillips at woh.rr.com> wrote:
> Greetings:
>
>  I recently submitted another article for my monthly column at Linux
> Journal on-line, it should show up within the next few days. I wanted to
> let LA* folks know that I've placed the article's two short example
> files here:
>
>    http://linux-sound.org/lj-seq24-examples.html
>
>  They aren't finished pieces, nor were they meant to be (though I'm
> liking them enough to maybe work on them some more). I made them as
> examples of what can be done with seq24 and a batch of Linux softsynths
> (and one VST plugin). I had an enormous amount of fun doing these
> pieces, and I want to extend great thanks to Rob Buse for seq24 and Nick
> Dowell for amSynth.

This is exactly the sort of stuff I envisioned linking on
the musicians.opensrc.org wiki. If you wouldn't mind putting a page up
there describing the setup you used and a link to the files, that
would be great.

>  The state of things in our little world  is getting to the point where
> it gets harder to write about the stuff because I'd really just rather
> be making music with it. Vast thanks to all Linux audio developers for
> making dreams come true. You guys rock, every one of you.
>
>  Now if I can just get seq24 working with JACK... ;)

It's working out of the box under Debian Sid.. Very nice with
jack-transport compatibility!

All the best,

James