Minimum reasonable latency Was: Re: ZynAddSubFX was: Re: [linux-audio-dev] some new soundfiles on-line

Jens M Andreasen jens.andreasen at chello.se
Sat May 14 12:29:54 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-05-14 at 13:45 +0200, Fons Adriaensen wrote:

> True.
>
> > But I used to play the clavinet, and therefore naturally excused :)
>
> By no means :-) Down with the privileges of clavinet players ! :-)

For what it is worth (and getting old enough to appreciate the homour),
the only scary time I actually approached a real church-organ was when I
happened to mention for my mothers younger brother that I had made this
piece christened "charlatan with a cembolo" and I thought it would fit
quite nicely with a the general, run-off-the-mill church organ.

Now that was my mistake!

Imagine we are on a small island somewhere in Denmark and everebody
knows everybody ...

So he picked up the phone and off we go. Really, just like that. The
piece was originally done with supersized synthethesizers, which I could
not reorchestrate with the instrument at hand. The stream of sounds
coming from all over the place ... Oh, and did I mention that he brought
his wife to watch this unique moment?

"Charlatan With a Cembalo", right ...
No cembalo :(

Yours ...