[linux-audio-dev] references

james at dis-dot-dat.net james at dis-dot-dat.net
Sat May 28 00:31:30 UTC 2005

On Fri, 27 May, 2005 at 06:03PM -0600, Kevin Sookocheff spake thus:
> Hello everyone,
>
> 	I'm looking to lend a hand at an audio project.  I'm not a new programmer but
> I'm new to audio programming.  Is there any good references out there to help
> me get up to speed?  How about any essential libraries, system code that I
> should learn?

How very organised of you.  I'd have just waded straight in and
confused myself.

Not meaning to blow my own trumpet, but you could try (parp!) my JACK
tutorial:
http://www.dis-dot-dat.net/index.cgi?item=/jacktuts/starting/

Assuming you know what JACK is, that is, and want to use it.

It'll be interesting to see what people suggest for reading - it
would probably be a good idea to have a read myself.

And in the spirit of OSS, many hands and eyes and all that: your first
task could be collecting up all the answers you get and turning it
into a directory of this kind of stuff.  Unless there's already one
out there, in which case, I'm sure someone will tell us.

James

> Thanks a bunch,
> Kevin

(By Vance Petree, Virginia Power)