[linux-audio-dev] Re: Radio receiver.

Juhana Sadeharju kouhia at nic.funet.fi
Tue Nov 1 19:24:58 UTC 2005

How about a software which can combine the outputs coming from
two receivers tuned to the same station?

Typically with short-wave receivers (tuned to distant radio station)
there are problems. With two or more receivers (perhaps located at
different cities and connected via Internet!) the problems can be
reduced and the station signal restored. This kind of signal
restoration must be known already in other contexts.

Strange, I recently read a recent (2000+) paper. They praised
(like having a patent on them) two innovations: (1) an audio editor
could handle non-audio signals, e.g., RF signal, ultrasound, etc.,
and (2) the above kind of receiver combination. The innovation (1)
was discussed at 1997/98 here or elsewhere, and I invented the
innovation (2) at 1993.

Juhana