[linux-audio-dev] Re: Mixer controls

Fred Gleason fredg at salemradiolabs.com
Mon Nov 7 13:37:22 UTC 2005

On Sunday 06 November 2005 21:54, Dan Mills wrote:
> I don't know it, but how do you handle a reasonably busy show without
> mutes? Almost the most basic form of desk automation is the mute group and
> I find it very difficult to live without once you get beyond 16 inputs or
> so.

This seems to be one of the differences between regular 'pro-audio/recording'
boards and those targeted for use in radio broadcast environments.
Similarly, it seems that virtually no 'recording' style board sports a cue
buss, while the very thought of trying to run a radio operation without such
a buss is enough to induce anxiety in this old 'master control' operator.
These are all special features for the broadcasting folks -- available, but
unfortunately you usually end up paying a premium for them.

Cheers!

| Frederick F. Gleason, Jr. | Director of Broadcast Software Development  |
|                           |             Salem Radio Labs                |
| A government that is big enough to give you all you want is big enough  |
| to take it all away.                                                    |
|                                           -- Barry Goldwater            |