[linux-audio-dev] linux audio apps on OSX: successes and failures

Tim Goetze tim at quitte.de
Wed Oct 5 23:30:34 UTC 2005

[Derek Holzer]
>* CAPS Plugins 0.2.3
>No ./configure at all, I had to symlink a malloc.h to a place where it could
>find it [...]

If you can tell me where malloc.h is on your system and how cpp can
tell it's on OSX I can fix the latter. The former needs a patch, as
I'm unwilling to even touch GNU autoconf.

>, and it all ends as such:
>
>g++ -O6 -ffast-math -funroll-loops -Wall  -I/usr/local/include -c Amp.cc
>Amp.cc:169: error: explicit specialization of 'void Descriptor<AmpIII>::setup()'
>must be introduced by 'template <>'
>Amp.cc:169: error: template-id 'setup<>' for 'void Descriptor<AmpIII>::setup()'
>does not match any template declaration
>Amp.cc:169: error: invalid function declaration
>Amp.cc:303: error: explicit specialization of 'void Descriptor<AmpIV>::setup()'
>must be introduced by 'template <>'
>Amp.cc:303: error: template-id 'setup<>' for 'void Descriptor<AmpIV>::setup()'
>does not match any template declaration
>Amp.cc:303: error: invalid function declaration
>make: *** [Amp.o] Error 1

There is a patch available from the 'Installation' section of on the
caps homepage that makes g++-4 digest the sources.

I'm sorry for your inconvenience, but for the record I feel I have to
add that this patch has been made available the very June day I
released 0.2.3.

Hope you'll find your way around; patches welcome.

Cheers, Tim