[linux-audio-dev] Re: snd-usb-usx2y on amd64?

Arnold Krille arnold.krille at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 07:59:04 UTC 2005

Hi again,

On 10/1/05, Arnold Krille <arnold.krille at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just wanted to know wether there are any known problems with the
> snd-usb-usx2y on amd64?
> The data of my machine: kernel is gentoo-2.6.13-r2 with the bundled
> alsa-1.0.9b, the usb-driver is ohci-hcd. The machine is a turion64 and
> I have acpi turned on...

Due to the great reaction I started a bit of investigating myself and
installed the mm-2.6.14-rc1 from the gentoo-portage and this seems to
run more stable.

I was able to use my tascam with 16ms latency running
qsampler/linuxsampler and ardour at the same time.
qsampler/linuxsampler plus hydrogen seemed to run stable even at 8ms
latency but that didn't last to long as I tried to start ardour, which
crashed jack/qjackctl which in return crippled the sounddriver and
freezes the machine on a new jack-start...

I don't know if the reason for the "success" is to be searched in
mm-sources or in the transition from 2.6.13 to 2.6.14 but I will
investigate into that...

Arnold

--
visit http://dillenburg.dyndns.org/~arnold/