[linux-audio-dev] applying RIAA curves in software

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 13:38:18 UTC 2005

I'm going to convert my fathers record collection over to CD.  Doing
some google research.

According to http://www.tracertek.com/newway.htm they claim the "new"
and best way to do LP to CD is to use a flat preamp, record at 24bit,
96kHz and then apply the RIAA curve in software after the fact.
Either before or after the DeNoise, De-Click, etc depending.  I've
also seen a few other sites that say the same type things.

tracertek sells doze software to do the whole ball of wax but I'd like
to use Linux.

I haven't found any RIAA filters yet so I guess I'm looking at
writeing one.  So does anyone have any information on where to find
the official RIAA curve to make a plugin from?

They also recommend using a pink-noise record to calibrate your setup
and then adjust the curve so it matches your system.

--
Richard A. Smith