[linux-audio-dev] applying RIAA curves in software

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 02:16:55 UTC 2005

> > Which one is 9  the 50 or the 2120?
> > Any suggestions on what program I can use to run these?  Audacity will
> > do LADSPA plugings but I rather something I can script.
>
> Filter 1:   F =   50 Hz, A = 9
> Filter 2:   F = 2120 Hz, A = 1
>
> and add the two outputs.

In light of your last post this is finally starting to make sense...  Thanks.

>The calibration only makes sense if you have a disc with pink noise
>recorded on it - the filter itself (being numerical) will be exact.

tracertek sells such a lp.  Or at least they claim to.  If nothing
else such a lp would let me see how various cartridges perform on the
player.

So do you think there is merit in the whole scheme or is it all just hype?

1. Sample with a flat preamp at 24/96k.
2. fix all the snap and pop.
3. Apply your dual filters with pink correction. Salted to taste.

--
Richard A. Smith