[linux-audio-dev] Re: applying RIAA curves in software

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 18:12:44 UTC 2005

> > years.  I hope it still works.  I found an old Realistic pre-amp and a
> > JVC stereo unit that has phono inputs so I will check it in the near
> > future.
>
> Fidelity is important, but you're not sure if the turntable you plan
> on using even works, let alone sounds good?  Have you considered
> obtaining a good turntable?

Well when we bought it and through my high school years it was an
excellent sounding turntable.  My father normally buys good stuff.  I
was more refering to whatever mechanical drive system is in there.  I
don't remember if its belt driven or not.  It's been stored nicely
though so I don't suspect there will be any issues.  I just haven't
got that far yet.
And yes if it dosen't seem up to the task then I'll have to start looking.

--
Richard A. Smith