[linux-audio-dev] Radio receiver.

James Courtier-Dutton James at superbug.co.uk
Thu Oct 27 21:23:33 UTC 2005

Hi,

I want to plug a ham radio receiver into the sound card of my PC, and
use the CPU of the PC to tidy up the signal, to hopefully make it more
readable.
One form of communications is called Morse Code, where a single tone is
switched on and then off to pass a signal over the radio.

I know it is easy to do band pass filters in Linux so that only the tone
gets through, but the other really useful thing would be a noise filter.

I was hoping that someone had already written a open source noise filter
that I could use. If so, can someone point me to it, because I can't
seem to find it on google.

The noise filter needs to happen in real time, so ideally a plugin for
ardour of something like that.

James