[linux-audio-dev] jack_callback <-> rest of the world

fons adriaensen fons.adriaensen at skynet.be
Sun Oct 30 13:14:19 UTC 2005

On Sun, Oct 30, 2005 at 01:53:48PM +0100, Florian Schmidt wrote:

> Oh i thought i read somewhere that when pthread_cond_wait it is not
> guaranteed that anyone actually signalled. Will do some more reading.

It can return on unix signals, so you have to test for EINTR.
I don't think it will wake up unexpectedly otherwise.

I'm thinking of rewriting the whole ITC object so it uses a
futex instead of the CV (that would also enable it to work
in shared memory across process boundaries), but then I really
need a lock free implementation for the linked lists.
I guess the required primitives are platform dependant.
Is their some library that provides them ?

--
FA