[linux-audio-dev] fst-1.6 doesn't compile with wine 0.9

Uwe Koloska lad at koloro.de
Mon Oct 31 19:48:04 UTC 2005

Hello,

just tried to update my installation of fst-1.6 to the newest (now beta!)
wine.  But there are several problems:

the options to winebuild have changed and so in fst/Makefile the build-command
must be changed:
- the target must be renamed to "$(fst_exe_MODULE).spec.o:" cause winebuild
creates an assembler file that can't be processed by the implicit rule
".c.o:" -- but the new winebuild can create the ".o" file directly.
- "the executable must be named via the -F option"  -- to get rid of this
winebuild error message the option '-F' must be inserted just before
$(fst_exe_MODULE)

With this modifications the build creates the libfst.so successfully but when
linking fstconfig with libfst there are two missing symbols:

./libfst.so: undefined reference to `__wine_spec_exe_entry'
./libfst.so: undefined reference to `__wine_spec_init_ctor'

Unfortunately the wine documentation is not updated to this new behaviour and
I was not able to figure out what to do.  When building the intermediate
assembler source (just undo the extension change for the .spec.o) and looking
at it, the two symbols are destination marker: The first is just an address
in an internal table and the second is the target of a jump command.

I can't find any suggestions what to additionally link to libfst to satisfy
this unresolved references ...

Is there an updated version of libfst?  Or someone with more wine knowledge,
who can solve this problems?

By further investigation I found a workaround that builds libfst but at least
ardour gives a "memory access fault" (Speicherzugriffsfehler):
Unpack the distribution
    cp fst/libfst.spec.c fst/libfst.spec.c_backup
    ./configure
    make
    cp fst/libfst.spec.c_backup fst/libfst.spec.c

This uses the prebuilt libfst.spec.c but maybe this doesn't match the current
wine version ...

I have build ardour with "VST=1" and it only starts without "memory access
fault" when giving the option "-V"

Thank you
Uwe Koloska