[linux-audio-dev] ALSA features.

James Courtier-Dutton James at superbug.co.uk
Sat Sep 3 11:35:43 UTC 2005

Hi,

I am an ALSA developer and I was wondering if there are any feature
requests that people who use this list would have.

I currently have a lot on my TODO list, but there is probably only one
feature on that list that might help you and that is dB level readouts
in alsamixer.

Currently, alsamixer uses a 0-100% readout, and on some sound cards 100%
is the 0dB level, and on others the 0dB level is around 80%.

This makes setting the capture levels rather difficult to get right in
Ardour. Most people would want the alsamixer capture volume controls to
all be set to 0dB and then let Ardour do any volume control.

Any other suggestions?

James