[linux-audio-dev] ALSA features.

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Sun Sep 4 10:13:01 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-09-04 at 10:50 +0100, James Courtier-Dutton wrote:
> What you say above is certainly not valid for all SB Live, Audigy and
> Audigy 2 sound cards. The snd-emu10k1 driver works for all those.

I think this might only apply to SBLives and not Audigy/Audigy2.  Still,
it's harmless if the front and rear codecs are of similar quality.  And
there are definitely a lot of cards where the rear codec is better.

Many of the people who request it dual boot and use the kX driver under
Windows so jsut don't want to have to switch their speaker cables
around.

Lee