[linux-audio-dev] ALSA features.

Jussi Laako jussi.laako at pp.inet.fi
Mon Sep 5 05:59:36 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-09-04 at 23:34 +0100, Dan Mills wrote:
> With pro hardware that does not have integrated 'gain' controls (or at least
> calibrates them), this is easy, otherwise an audio milivoltmeter (or 'scope)
> and a simple program is required.

I think this calibration should already have been done in each driver.
This is something rather easy to do while developing the driver. And
from application point of view, there should be way to know how the gain
relates to actual output level. ie. know what the "0 dB" level is.

--
Jussi Laako <jussi.laako at pp.inet.fi>