[linux-audio-dev] [OT] problem with parallel gcc

Julien Claassen julien at c-lab.de
Thu Sep 8 11:52:59 UTC 2005

Hi!
  I wonder if someone could provide me with the right hint, for I feel it is
not much to get me where I want.
  I have an old suse system (gcc3.2 glibc 2.2.5), now I wanted to install a
newer gcc (3.4.3). It compiled fine and I can compile other programs with it.
Yet there is - apparently - some configuration problem. For if I start
linuxsampler or ecasound compiled with new gcc it says, it has a problem with
libgcc_s.so.1. It can't find some symbol VERSION_3_3 or something to that
effect. I tried ldd on those programs and it told me that they contain both
libgcc_s.so.1 from /lib and /usr/local/gcc343/lib. What am I doing wrong. For
I know this can work fine.
  I recompiled my libstdc++ (from the 3.4.3 package) with my already installed
compiler to prevent it from including the old libgcc_s, but no effect.
  What can I do? Should I put the new library-paths at a specific point in my
/etc/ld.so.conf? Set some special environment variable?
  Any help is GREATLY APPRECIATED!
  Kindest regards
      Julien

--------