[linux-audio-dev] JACK error 4294967295

Florian Schmidt mista.tapas at gmx.net
Wed Sep 14 14:09:05 UTC 2005

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 16:01:12 +0200
Florian Schmidt <mista.tapas at gmx.net> wrote:

> > Ok, I understand that. So I take it if you set qjackctl priority to 0,
> > it will not specify it and therefore use the JACK default which is >=2?
> > I tried setting -P to 2 in qjackctl, and it works fine.
>
> I suppose jackd should exit with an error when the prio is undefined. What

Oops, hit send too early. I didn't mean "undefined". I actually meant
"out of range". When the pri is "undefined" as in "not specified by
user", of course the default should be used.

BTW: i think it would make sense to raise the default prio to 70, which
would make jackd work better out of the box with RP kernels (which make
the prio of the irq handlers all around 50). Only thing left for the
user would then be to raise the soundcard irq handler prio.

Regards,
Flo

--
Palimm Palimm!