[linux-audio-dev] libcui - design-question

Tim Goetze tim at quitte.de
Fri Sep 23 11:04:50 UTC 2005

[Kjetil Svalastog Matheussen]

>>breathe deeply. think of snakes. say "python".
>
>Are you serious? Do you know python? I hope not...
>
>I don`t want to start a flame-war over programming languages,
>but I know both scheme and python very well, and would
>never consider python as an extension language again.

Would you care to back up this judgment by a few facts?

One has to consider that a scripting extension for an application like
ardour, with an intended audience of little to no programming
knowledge, will have to be as painless and intuitive to learn and use
as possible and still provide power and freedom of expression to the
savvy.

I know of no language that fits this bill better than python.

Cheers, Tim