[linux-audio-dev] Setting the Beat of a Clock

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer perezmeyer at infovia.com.ar
Sun Sep 25 14:14:47 UTC 2005

El sáb, 24-09-2005 a las 14:22, fons adriaensen escribió:
> On Sat, Sep 24, 2005 at 11:23:34AM -0400, CapnLinux wrote:
>
> > I would like to build an application to assist in setting the "Beat" of
> > a pendulum type clock.  This is a tool used by a clock repair person to
> > set a clock to keep accurate time.  It is basically a low frequency
> > oscilloscope with some specialized functionality.

> Interesting project. I see one problem: the sample rate on most audio
> hardware is much less accurate than what would be required for a clock.

This is a good question to CapnLinux: what kind of precision do you
need?
Fons: why do you think the sample rate is not accurate enough?

Please, don't interpret I'm trying to refuse those statements, I just
want to now the "whys" so as to explain it to some friends and ask them
for help (as you can read in the other mail)

Cheers, Damian.-

I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury. -- Groucho
Marx