[linux-audio-dev] [ANN] slat 0.4b and a plea for help

Jan Depner eviltwin69 at cableone.net
Tue Sep 27 18:27:00 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-09-27 at 12:00, james at dis-dot-dat.net wrote:
> Slat Sounds Like A Theremin
>
> Slat 0.4b is up now.  It no longer requires ClanLib and the images get
> installed properly with make install.
>
> The "b for beta" is there because I've had to leave out the extra
> cursor - the one that shows the rotating point.
>
> I'm pretty new to X/imlib programming, and I've run into problems
> using imlib_paste_image.
>
> More detail is at
> http://blog.dis-dot-dat.net/2005/09/slat-without-clanlib-kde-without.html
>
> There's a commented line that kind of puts the cursor back, but it
> behaves strangely.
>
> Everything works without it, so Slat should be perfectly usable.
>
> If anyone has a clue about this, or can spare a few minutes to see if
> the same thing happens to them with the extra line in place, I'd be
> grateful.
>
> James

    I just downloaded it and tried it on FC1/Planet CCRMA and it works
fine.  The only criticism I have is that the bands are a bit too
coarse.  If you move the cursor with any speed in the vertical direction
it loses the nice smooth transition and you hear each discrete band
change.  Pretty cool though ;-)  I had seen an announcement for a
theremin type app when I was on the run from Katrina but I lost the
emails (stupid web mail interface).

--
Jan "Evil Twin" Depner
The Fuzzy Dice

"As we enjoy great advantages from the invention of others, we should be
glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this
we should do freely and generously."

Benjamin Franklin, on declining patents offered by the governor of
Pennsylvania for his "Pennsylvania Fireplace", c. 1744