[linux-audio-dev] Re: GPL Audio Hardware

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 09:25:47 UTC 2006

On 4/4/06, Dmitry Baikov <dsbaikov at gmail.com> wrote:

> You are right in your comments, but please, take it easier.
>
> Richard and OGP company have no illusions about them being audio professionals.
> And yes, it's more useful to look at RME, Echo, M-Audio, but keep it
> cool, please ;)

Its ok.  I was prepared for the responses.  I think the candid
opinions have value, keep em comming.  I'll point Tim at the RME,
Echo, and M-Audio to look at as examples.

Basically OGD1 is a big FPGA board with 256Mb of DDR RAM and some nice
clean high speed analog and digital ouputs.  The question Tim is
asking (audio cluelessness aside) are:

Can the audio community use such a board?
Will they help in producing the feature set and design?
What features would it need?
What would they pay for it?

--
Richard A. Smith