[linux-audio-dev] Re: GPL Audio Hardware

Eliot Blennerhassett linux at blennerhassett.gen.nz
Wed Apr 5 23:45:14 UTC 2006

On Wed, 05 Apr 2006 08:08, carmen wrote:
> > the vendor deciding no longer to make ALSA drivers next week because 96%
> > of their users run MacOSX or WinXP..
>
> this is a distortion. i'm not aware of any vendor actively supporting linux
> at all, so open audio hardware would definitely be welcomed.

FYI

AudioScience has put a lot of effort into making linux drivers, firstly our
own HPI API, then ALSA.  This is ongoing.
Driver is released under GPL, users libs under BSD style licence.

We could always do with more help from the community though ;-)

http://audioscience.com/internet/download/linux_drivers.htm

regards

Eliot Blennerhassett
AudioScience Inc.