[linux-audio-user] Re: [linux-audio-dev] music engine

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Thu Apr 6 21:59:52 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-04-06 at 21:45 +0000, carmen wrote:

>  SC and Chuck: would likely work as well, but AFAIK neither one
> supports LADSPA or DSSI at the moment, SCLang definitely doesnt work
> on x86_64, and Chuck segfaulted as well but i'm guessing since its
> newer it was designed with 64bit compatibility and mind and the crash
> is some other issue

Apps really don't have to be designed with 64 bit compatibility in mind
- it should be rather simple to port them.  Rather than ruling out
anything that doesn't work on AMD64 right now, I would advise you to
first select a set of apps that work in 32 bit mode, then find out what
it would take to port them.

You might find that the CVS version supports AMD64, or that the
developer just has not seen a demand yet (the vast majority of systems
are still 32 bit).  Or maybe the developer still has a 32 bit machine
and has just never tried it.

Lee