[linux-audio-user] Re: [linux-audio-dev] music engine

Matthias Koenig list at phasorlab.de
Fri Apr 7 09:27:20 UTC 2006

Albert Graef <Dr.Graef at t-online.de> writes:
> Lee Revell wrote:
>> I heard from someone at Ableton that one guy wrote the Live engine in
>> about 3 months.
>
> He must be a great hacker. :) But the engine is probably only a small
> part of the program. Getting the UI right is an entirely different
> issue.

True, and don't forget that the one of the Ableton founders and the
main developer have already been involved in Native Instruments
Reactor engine. So there has been lots of experience accumulated in this
context.
For now, most of the stuff on their to do list is mainly GUI related
(the engine is just working, they told me in a job interview).

Matthias